Termsand Conditions relating to video competition known by the title of: Are You A Budding Spielberg?
1. The Budding Spielberg video competition (the “competition”) is open to UK residents aged 14 and over.
2. Judges or Directors of Corinium Radio Ltd or anyone else connected with the competition, may not enter the competition.
3. By entering the competition you are accepting these terms and conditions.
4. To enter the Competition, You must submit a video in which you show what makes the Cotswolds sparkle for you. The video must not exceed 60 seconds in length. It can be filmed in a style of your choosing and can be supplied in the following file formats: avi, mov, wmv, mp4, mpeg, mpg, flv, 3gp, or m4v. In submitting your entry, you must follow the instructions on coriniumradio.co.uk/buddingspielberg. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the competition, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. By entering this competition, you agree to join the Corinium Radio Ltd database. We will use your details to contact you about the video competition and occasionally about news items relating to Corinium Radio.
6. You are responsible for the cost (if any) of creating your competition entry and sending it to us, as well as all other costs associated with participation in the competition.
7. The competition commences at 9am on 1 December 2018 and closes at 11.59pm on 15 December 2018. Entries received after that date and time will not be considered. Corinium Radio Ltd reserves the right in their absolute discretion to extend the closing date for a reasonable period of time where an insufficient number of the entries received have satisfied the entry and judging criteria.
8. You own the copyright to your competition entry as its author.
9. By submitting an entry to the competition, you give Corinium Radio Ltd:
a. Permission for your entry to be
published on www.coriniumradio.co.uk and grant Corinium Radio Ltd non-exclusive,
royalty-free, worldwide licence to use and publish your competition entry in electronic
format and hard copy (including publications), both as a full video and as
screen shots, for purposes connected with the competition and to adapt the
entry to enable such publication (including to shorten or edit it for such
purposes), and you hereby irrevocably waive, all moral rights in the entry to
which you are entitled.
b. The right to use your name,
photograph and town or city of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you
as the author of your entry and/or as a winner of the competition.
10. Your entry must only feature you (and, if appropriate, other people aged 16 and over with their express permission), must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content (including background music) that is not owned by you, must not promote your own or third party goods or services or include any trade marks and must not show inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable legislation or regulations, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by you to third parties. If we have reason to believe your entry is not your own work, if a person objects to the inclusion of a video in which they are featured being included in the competition, or if your entry otherwise breaches this paragraph 10, then we may not consider it and may disqualify it.
11. We may also disqualify your entry if you do not meet the entry criteria, you are not eligible to enter the competition, you cannot be contacted or you do not respond within 5 days of being contacted by us in relation to your entry. In the event of disqualification, we may select a new winner in accordance with the selection processes below.
12. Within 7 days of the final submission date, independent judges, appointed by Corinium Radio Ltd, will assess the competition entries and select the winner using the criteria in paragraph 13 below.
13. When choosing the winner, the judges will be looking for entries that capture the moment of what makes the Cotswolds sparkle for you. They are not concerned with skill-level but will assess the originality and your creative approach to the subject of your video. The judges’ decision is final, subject to confirmation of a parent or guardian’s permission if the winner is under the age of 16 years of age; no correspondence will be entered into.
14. One winner will win a Pizza Express voucher worth £30 and an interview on Corinium Radio.
15. The winner will be notified by a representative from Corinium Radio Ltd by 24th December 2018. If a winner rejects their prize, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Corinium Radio Ltd shall be entitled to select another winner.
16. The prize will be given to the winner by Corinium Radio Ltd by 3 January 2019 and a date will be agreed for an interview at Corinium Radio to take place within one month.
17. The prize cannot be exchanged or transferred by you and cannot be redeemed by you for any other prize.
18. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. Entries must be made by the authorised account holder of the email address submitted.
19. We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
20. No purchase is necessary.
21. The winner may be required forpromotional activity and shall participate in such activity on the reasonablerequest of Corinium Radio Ltd. The winner (and parent or guardian if theentrant is under the age of 16 years) consent to the use by Corinium Radio Ltd bothbefore and after the closing date of the competition for an unlimited time, oftheir voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium,including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including CoriniumRadio website) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material withoutadditional compensation or prior notice and in entering the competition, allentrants consent to the same.
23. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of Corinium Radio Ltd for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of their negligence.
24. Corinium Radio Ltd accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the competition or accepting any prize. Corinium Radio Ltd further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to you or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the competition.
25. Corinium Radio Ltd reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside their control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Corinium Radio Ltd in all matters under its control is final and binding. The Promoters reserve the right to discount entries if they suspect fraudulent or multiple submission is or has taken place to inappropriately influence or manipulate the entrance procedures.
26. The Competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.