A mix of features, on-location reports, reviews and expert interviews to inspire curious and interested travellers. Each week we share stories and travel tips from two professional travellers – a travel blogger and a travel writer. There’s a weekly segment on staycations, hobby holidays and travel technology, too. Find out more at greatdestinationsradioshow.com.
This week, Keri Jones reports from beautiful Salzburg, “the stage of the world”. The Austrian city is filled with music. It’s birthplace of Mozart and was setting for The Sound Of Music. Keri goes on a Sound Of Music tour, gets drenched by ‘trick fountains’ and visits a castle featured in The Man In The High Castle and Where Eagles Dare.
Plus: Costa Rica is said to be the happiest nation on earth and is renowned for its environmental credentials. You’ll hear what to see, the difference between the country’s Caribbean and Pacific coast and how long to spend in the capital from Hans Pfister, owner of the local resort group Cayuga.
- Lawson – Juliet
- Fontella Bass – Rescue Me
- The Jam – Going Underground
- The Feeling – Feel My Little World
- Fatback Band – I Found Loving
- The Beatles – Please Please Me
- Bananarama – Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye
- Passenger – When We Were Young
- The Supremes – You Keep Me Hanging On