A mix of features, on-location reports, reviews and expert interviews to inspire curious and interested travellers. Each week we share stories and travel tips from two professional travellers – a travel blogger and a travel writer. There’s a weekly segment on staycations, hobby holidays and travel technology, too. Find out more at greatdestinationsradioshow.com.
This week, Keri Jones reports from Athens. He visits some of the archaeological sites, goes on a food walk and hears how the city has changed since the 2015 Greek cash crisis. Plus: The Silk Road – the ancient trade route linking China to Europe – passes through some of the least-visited and mysterious countries in the world; If you’re thinking about exploring the route, you should read John Brenson’s guide, Silk Road Traveller: In The Heart of Central Asia, for his insight and knowledge of the region.
- Aretha Franklin – Respect
- Deacon Blue – Real Gone Kid
- Amy Macdonald – This Is The Life
- Justin Timberlake – Can’t Fight The Feeling
- Manfred Mann – Pretty Flamingo
- Yahoo – Don’t Go
- Gnarls Barkley – Crazy
- The Doobie Brothers – Listen To The Music
- Howard Jones – Life In One Day